The Youth Employment Centre (YEC) provides career and employment services to Calgary youth ages 15 to 24. In collaboration with local business and various other youth-serving agencies, YEC provides youth with numerous career-developing opportunities such as hiring fairs and work experience opportunities. YEC works with youth from all backgrounds. All YEC resources and services offered to youth are free. Call us at 403-268-2490.
YEC offers services and resources for your career plan and job search.
- connect with a career advisor to research career and education options
- check out hundreds of jobs on our job boards
- set up informational interviews, job shadows and work experience opportunities
- prepare a targeted resume or have your current resume critiqued
- learn to ace an interview
- develop a career portfolio
- speak with an Aboriginal outreach worker
- use our fax, photocopier, message service and access the Internet
YEC Annual Hiring Fair
The City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre hosts an Annual Youth Hiring Fair in the spring. Youth ages 15-24 years old get the chance to meet with a variety of different employers representing a wide range of industries who are looking to hire part-time, full-time, and seasonal employment opportunities. This is the only hiring fair exclusive to youth.
The 2016 Hiring Fair was attended by over 8,000 youth!
Keep an eye on the Events page in May for details on the next Hiring Fair.
Industry Training Certificates at No Cost to Youth
(CSTS, WHMIS, First Aid/CPR C, Proserve). Learn More >>
nextSteps Monthly Newsletter
Articles and tips for jobseekers. Learn More >>
Youth Advisory Committee
Seeks to promote community awareness of the Youth Employment Centre (YEC), while allowing youth aged 15 - 24 to gain valuable skills, share their opinions, bring in new ideas and have fun. Learn More >>