The Youth Advisory Committee
We have currently filled all spots for the 2016-2017 YAC year, please check back again next year!
The Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) is a group of enthusiastic and motivated young people aged 15 - 24 interested in volunteering for The City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre. This volunteer group runs, September - June. Volunteers provide YEC an essential youth perspective.
A Volunteer Opportunity
- • The City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre (YEC) Youth Advisory Committee Member
- Attend and participate in scheduled meetings
- Engage in special projects
- Brainstorm and identify employment and career needs of youth
- Problem solve with group to improve the Youth Employment Centre's services
- Work with YEC staff and other youth
- Participate in skills development and training
- The City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre, located at: (2nd Floor) 315 10th Avenue S.E.
- The Youth Advisory Committee runs September-June. The committee will meet up to two Wednesdays each month from 4:30-6pm. Participants should expect to spend approximately 5-7 hours per month attending meetings or working on special projects.
Related Skills and Interests
- Career Development
- Employment Skills
- Peer Support
- Leadership Development
Requirements & Certifications
- 15-24 years of age
- Desire to improve career and employment services for youth in the Calgary area
- Willingness to volunteer a minimum of 5 hours a month, attend meetings regularly and participate in special projects as needed
- A screening interview will be conducted for all potential volunteers, which will include reference checks
- No previous experience necessary
- Committee members will receive on the job training, orientation, and ongoing support
- Develop communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Network with others
- Enhance and expand your resume
- Gain valuable volunteer experience
- Opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas!