The Youth Advisory Committee
A Volunteer Opportunity
The Youth Advisory Committee is now accepting applications for 2015-2016!
- The City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre (YEC) Youth Advisory Committee Member
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings
- Engage in special projects
- Brainstorm and identify employment and career needs of youth
- Problem solve with group to improve the Youth Employment Centre's services
- Work with YEC staff and other youth
- Participate in skills development and training
- The City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre, located at: (2nd Floor) 315 10th Avenue S.E.
- The Youth Advisory Committee runs September 2015-June 2016. The committee will meet the two Wednesdays each month from 4:30-6pm. Participants should expect to spend approximately 5-7 hours per month attending meetings or working on special projects.
Related Skills and Interests
- Career Development
- Employment Skills
- Peer Support
- Leadership Development
Requirements & Certifications
- 15-24 years of age
- Desire to improve career and employment services for youth in the Calgary area
- Willingness to volunteer a minimum of 5 hours a month, attend meetings regularly and participate in special projects as needed
- A screening interview will be conducted for all potential volunteers, which may include reference checks
- No previous experience necessary
- Committee members will receive on the job training, orientation, and ongoing support
- Develop communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Network with others
- Enhance and expand your resume
- Gain valuable volunteer experience
- Opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas!
How to Apply
If you would like to apply, or find out more information about this opportunity, click on the following link. You will be redirected to the Nextsteps.org website in order to fill out the online application form.
Deadline - Interviews will take place from August17-Sept 4, 2015. Applications are requested before August 28, 2015.