For general information about the Youth Employment Centre,
visit the About page.
YEC Scholarship | YEC Hiring Fair | Aboriginal Youth Connections | Hiring Events
Score a $1000 Scholarship!
Apply for a $1,000 scholarship when you start your job search or make a career plan.
Click here to watch a video testimonial of 2014 scholarship recipient Grace Onwuka.
Click here to read a testimonial from 2013 scholarship recipient Mo Kamar.
Eligibility Criteria for YEC Scholarships
- Must be a registered YEC client and working on or have completed career planning or job search activities with an employment counsellor at the Youth Employment Centre.
- Must plan to enrol in an accredited training, upgrading, apprenticeship or post-secondary program for a minimum of one semester within one year of this application.
- Must be between the ages of 15-24 years old.
- Must not have been a previous winner of the scholarship.
- Must not be related to an employee or be employed at the Youth Employment Centre.
All applications will be evaluated by a selection committee appointed by the Youth Employment Centre.
Scholarship recipients will be selected and notified in July.
Recipients will receive one cheque made payable to the educational institution selected for enrolment.
Application deadline is May 31, 2015.
Ask your Employment Counsellor for details.
Complete the online application for the YEC Scholarship.
YEC Annual Hiring Fair
The City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre will be hosting its 17th annual Youth Hiring Fair on Tuesday, April 21st, 2015.
The event will take place at the Stampede Grounds, Big Four Hall B from 1:30 – 6 p.m. 5,000 youth and 80 employers are expected to be in attendance.
Admission is free. Bring your resume, dress to impress, and get an interview!
for more information please check back soon!
View the growing list of Employers attending the hiring fair.
YEC's Aboriginal Youth Connections Group provides Aboriginal youth the opportunity to meet weekly and learn about community, culture and employment. The group is also a great way for participants to meet new friends and create a positive network for continued success.
The Aboriginal Youth Connections Group will meet weekly from January 23rd, 2015 – April 3rd, 2015 from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. A light lunch will be provided.